Many future mothers suffer from abdominal distention.
At pregnancy digestion slows down, and the uterus presses on intestines, especially on late terms more and more. The meteorism and also heartburn or a constipation are result.
Meteorism at pregnancy - not a rarity: hormone progesterone promotes relaxation of smooth muscles, including a muscular layer of a wall of intestines. As a result intestines become sluggish and work more slowly. The organism of the pregnant woman has more time for digestion of nutrients from food pulp, but in the course of digestion in intestines more air can accumulate. Such excess congestion of gases in a digestive tract is called a meteorism or abdominal distention. During pregnancy women need to keep to a diet. Change in food leads to problems with digestion as intestines only gradually get used to a healthy lifestyle. Therefore abdominal distention is the widespread phenomenon, especially at the beginning of pregnancy.
The meteorism disturbs women, especially last months. In process of growth of a uterus and development of the child pressure upon a stomach and intestines increases that can break process of digestion and cause excess formation of gases in intestines.
Women have a pregnancy and the future childbirth can cause a stress and alarm. The stress and concern can worsen digestion process.
The correct conducting pregnancy includes the attentive relation to food and activity that helps to reduce emergence of a meteorism and the related unpleasant feelings.
How to fight against gas generation?
Fight against gas generation during pregnancy includes several councils which will facilitate unpleasant feelings:
1. Do not eat food which can promote formation of gases, such as cabbage, broccoli, beans, carbonated drinks, sweets.
2. Try to eat small portions, but it is frequent to reduce pressure upon a stomach. Is slowly and to chew well.
3. Drink enough water to support normal digestion. But do not use a lot of water for time not to create additional pressure in a stomach.
4. Regular physical exercises will prevent stagnation of gases in intestines.
5. Practice of a relaxation, yoga, deep breath and other methods of controlling with a stress reduces nervous tension which influences digestion.